Exploration and Discovery

Exploration and Discovery
The Outdoor Classroom

Sunday, May 15, 2011

waiting...

I spent most of yesterday organizing my classroom materials- organizers, books, supplies, lesson plans, and standards summaries by grade level. I want to start. I am learning A TON working as a sub. I have seen the benefits of adding theater as means of learning about history, the power of a great read aloud book to quiet even the rowdiest of kids, the critical importance of being completely prepared, the results of daily routine so the kids practically don't need me there as a sub, and I want to try it out; I want my own classroom so I can start working on the process of becoming a better teacher...even before I am a teacher. I know it is going to be hard and an emotional roller coaster, and that part scares me a little, but I am excited about the learning curve and seeing the results in the kids understanding and enthusiasm. I LOVE watching the lightbulbs go on!

2 comments:

  1. I'll have my fingers crossed for you. Maybe there are lots of teachers retiring this year?I'm still holding onto my stuff with next year up in the air...If I truly decide to stay home, I'll give you my stuff if you want it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. The thought of you not returning to the classroom at some point makes me a little sad Stef- you are such an amazing teacher, that terrific combination of manager and mentor. As much as I love adding to my growing classroom materials I would rather see more amazing teachers working down the hall so we could collaborate THERE> Thanks for the finger crossing- need that for sure! XOXOX

    ReplyDelete